The first Donald Healey’s cars were built at Warwick since 1946 by his own company the ‘Donald Healey Motor Company’. The two-seater sports model ‘Silverstone’ became very popular and was the first choice for the British week-end amateur racing driver in the post-war era. In 1950, the previous models with ‘Elliott’ bodies for the Coupe and ‘Westland’ for the Roadster were replaced by the hand-made ‘Tickford’ bodies for both the family and sports car models, likewise ‘Abbot’ for the convertible bodies. This specific car was acquired by the Museum through auction in Great Britain.
Built year: 1952
Engine type / cc: Riley 4 in line / 2,443cc
Engine output: 100bhp / 4,500rpm
Top speed: 158 km/h
Number produced: 224