Frankfurt-based Adler started out in the 19th Century as a bicycle manufacturer, turning later to the production of motorcycles, cars and the typewriters with which its name is most commonly associated today. A highly respected firm in its native Germany, Adler was already manufacturing automobile components when it introduced its first car – a Renault-influenced, De Dion-powered voiturette – in 1900. The Adler Trumpf Junior Sport, which is exhibited here, was acquired by Peter Kaus for his Rosso Bianco Collection in the late 1980s. The car was treated to a ‘frame off’ restoration in 1994, carried out in Eskilstuna, Sweden by Mr. Wallgren. It was then bought by a Dutch collector and the Museum acquired it through auction.
Built year: 1935
Engine type / cc: 4 in line / 996cc
Engine output: 30bhp / 4,300rpm pm
Top speed: 110 km/h
Number produced: 55,680 (all Types & Versions 934-41)