Porsche 356 A Coupe

In 1948, in Austria, Gmund, the first handmade Porsche car was built. Saying that, the car was literally handmade because the whole aluminum body was done on hand on curved models. Also, all mechanical components were built without the use of a workshop. In 1951, three engines were available, all in flat-4 “boxer” layout and air-cooled. Their cubic capacity was 1100, 1300 and 1500. This specific 356 A was initially exported to United States where from was imported into Great Britain where after some years was acquired by the Museum through auction.

Built year: 1955
Engine type / cc: H 4 / 1,582cc
Engine output: 75bhp / 5,000rpm
Top speed: 175 km/h
Number produced: 21,045

Copyright 2017 - Hellenic Motor Museum