As its nomenclature suggests, the XK150 was a progressive development of the XK120 and XK140, retaining the same basic chassis, 3.4-litre engine and four-speed Moss transmission of its predecessors while benefiting from a new, wider body that provided increased interior space and improved visibility courtesy of a single-piece wrap-around windscreen, replacing the XK140’s divided screen.
Introduced in the spring of 1957, the XK150 was available at first only in fixed and drop-head coupe forms, the open roadster version not appearing until the following year. This specific car was acquired by the Museum through auction in Great Britain.
Built year: 1959
Engine type / cc: 6 in line / 3,781cc
Engine output: 265bhp / 5,500rpm
Top speed: 218 km/h
Number produced: 3,445