Introduced in 1946, the Mk VI was Bentley’s first post-war model. In comparison to its pre-war cars, it was an all-new beginning for its engineering as well as its design and was a benchmark for all future models. This specific car had an aluminum body made by the famous coachbuilder James Young. This specific car belonged to businessman Mr. Whittaker and despite the deep crisis after the war and petrol shortage, there is a photograph included in the car’s archive showing the Bentley in a trip to Switzerland. The car was acquired by the Museum through private sale in Great Britain and is preserved.
Built year: 1946
Engine type / cc: 6 in line / 4,257cc
Engine output: 150bhp/4,500rpm
Top speed: 162 km/h
Number produced: 15 (by James Young) – 5,291 in total