Aston Martin DB2 Fixed Head Coupe

Aston Martin owner David Brown’s 1947 acquisition of Lagonda made the latter’s W O Bentley-designed, twin-overhead-camshaft, 2.6-litre six available for a new sports car. Announced in April 1950, with production commencing the following month, the DB2 owed much to the Claude Hill-designed DB1, using a shortened and modified version of the latter’s chassis and identical suspension.

In competition history, the DB2 finished 3rd in the 1951 Le Mans and besides the win of 1st and 2nd place in 1950 Le Mans (with other model), it is considered to be the most important performance, as the DB2 was basically a road car not a racer.  When production ceased in April 1953, a total of 410 DB2s had been made, 49 of which were drop-heads.

Built year: 1952 
Engine type / cc: 6 in line / 2,580cc
Engine output: 127bhp / 5,000rpm 
Top speed: 200 km/h 
Number produced: 361(+49 Drop Heads)

Copyright 2019 - Hellenic Motor Museum