Like most manufacturers after the World War Two, Alfa Romeo had to rebuilt its factories and produce a range of cars that would be economically viable to both manufacturer and public. There were exemptions of course where exotic pre-war models continued to be produced with the same pre-war luxury philosophy in the first years after the war. Such a car was the ALFA ROMEO 6C 2500, which started its production in 1939 and continued in various versions until 1952. The famous Italian special coachbuilder ‘Touring’ undertook to build the strikingly handsome aluminum light-weight bodied version, the 6C 2500S.
This specific car was imported to Great Britain in 1947, it had remained the property of the same family for approx. 60 years before it was acquired by the Museum through auction with just 13,800miles (about 22,200km) recorded on the speedometer. This car is preserved.
Built year: 1947
Engine type / cc: 6 in line / 2,443cc
Engine output: 95bhp / 4,600rpm
Top speed: 152 km/h
Number produced: 680 (1946-51)