By collaborating with Italian tuning house Abarth, French manufacturer Simca hoped to add some much needed glamour to its range. Launched at the March 1962 Geneva Saloon, the aluminum bodied Abarth Simca 1300 was underpinned by a special shortened and reinforced Simca 1000 floor-pan with a body constructed by Abarth.
Weighing in at just 630kg, the diminutive coupe was equipped with all-round independent suspension (transverse-leaf front / semi-trailing arm rear) and four-wheel disc brakes.An all-Abarth construction 1,288cc DOHC engine with two twin choke ‘Webers’ based on the side of the Simca block, was rear-mounted and could be had with either four, or six-speed manual transmission.
This specific car was acquired by the Museum through auction in Great Britain.
Built year: 1961
Engine type / cc: 4 in line / 1,288cc
Engine output: 125bhp / 6,200rpm
Top speed: 228 km/h
Number produced: N/A