Britain’s oldest car company owed its origins to a meeting in 1888 between a young English businessman, Frederick Richard Simms, and a German manufacturer of petrol engines, Gocklieb Daimler. Simms was impressed with Daimler’s engines and he acquired the license to sell Daimler engines in Britain. The 1922 Daimler TT 20hp is an extremely rare model which was made only that year. The ‘Doctor’s Coupe’ name was given to the two-seaters coupe cars of the time, as most of them were owned by doctors who used them for their professional purposes. This specific car was acquired by the Museum through auction in Great Britain.
Built year: 1922
Engine type / cc: 4 in line / 3,306cc
Engine output: N/A
Top speed: N/A
Number produced: N/A