German engineer/designer Carl Borgward progressed from general engineering to the manufacture of three-wheeled trucks under the Blitzkarren and Goliath names in the mid-1920s. Hansa-Lloyd was taken over by the Borgward group in 1931, but it was not until 1939 that Borgward name firstly appeared on a motor car. It was exactly what the German people anticipated, it evolved, and proved to be the most successful of all Borgward models. Production ceased, in the wake of Borgward’s inevitable bankruptcy in 1962. This specific car was acquired by the Museum through auction in Great Britain and is restored.
Built year: 1959
Engine type / cc: 4 in line / 1,493cc
Engine output: 75bhp / 5,200rpm
Top speed: 153 km/h
Number produced: 9,000 Coupe (202,862 all Models 1957-1962)